Welcome To Aurora Children’s Cottage
Aurora Children’s Cottage is a family business, run in my family home – also the home that I grew up in. We deliver a unique balance between Family Day Care and Centre based care, with professional and qualified staff, maintaing a caring and stable environment for both the children and their parents.
We aspire to create a community for our families in which we can support each other. As our capacity is for 20 children, we are able to offer a much more personalised care environment. Our mixed age grouping allows children of different ages to play and work cooperatively in the same setting. It also allows siblings of different ages to play together, not separately as would occur in big child care centres.
We provide an enriching and challenging educational program, where each child is encouraged to grow to their fullest potential emotionally, socially and intellectually in a caring environment. We offer care to children from twelve months to six years of age in a home-like environment, with a great balance of indoor and outdoor learning experiences.
- Highly qualified and experienced Staff
- Flat rate Long Day Care
- Nutritious and high quality morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea (breakfast on request)
- Home-like environment
- Flexible bookings for Preschool attendance
- Excursions and incursions at minimal or no cost
- Consistent staff (no unknown casual staff)
- Our mixed age grouping allows siblings to play together throughout the day
- The design and routine allows for age appropriate play and rest.
We acknowledge the traditional custodians of the ACT and their continuing connection to land and community.
We pay our respect to them and their culture, and to the elders both past and present.